Top safety rule violations to note
Labor & Industries has come out with a list of the most common safety and health violations cited during the 2018 Federal Fiscal Year (Oct.1, 2017 – Sept. 30, 2018). They include all industries except construction and advertising. They are:
- MSDS/SDS Hazard Communication
- Safety Meetings
- Accident Prevention Program
- Personal Protective Gear
- Basic Electrical Rules
- Asbestos, Tremolite, Anthophyllite, and Actinolite
- Portable Fire Extinguishers
- Respirators – Voluntary Use
- Respirators – Medical Evaluations
More details can be found here. This information can signal what compliance inspectors look for and could also be the basis for scheduling safety meeting topics this year.
You can contact Rick Means at 360.943.9198 x18 or [email protected] for help with any of these topics.