As 2019 draws to a close it’s time to say thank you to outgoing chairman, Lowell Gordon of the Creative Office. Lowell has been an effective leader during a time of transition for the association. His transparency, tenacity, vision and servant leadership have been qualities that have enabled the staff and board to be well-positioned for the coming year.
Lowell has served on the Board of Directors since 2009 as a strong advocate for the retail industry throughout Washington State. His pulse on small business and his entrepreneurial spirit have been invaluable as the industry continues to evolve.
Incoming officers elected for the 2020 year include:
- R. Burke, Director of State Government Affairs for Polaris, Inc. as Board Chair
- Sean Brownlee, CEO of Ravenox, as Vice-Chair
- Rob Jensen, COO/CFO of Lantern Press, as Treasurer
- Lowell Gordon, Owner of The Creative Office, as Immediate Past Chair
- Opio Dupree, VP of Government & Public Affairs for Macy’s, as Chair of the Government Affairs Committee
- Theresa Treat, VP of People Services for Ben Bridge Jeweler, as Chair of the Human Resources Committee.
“Ours is a working board consisting of respected innovators who represent retailers from Main Street storefronts to online and multinational companies,” said newly-elected Board Chair Burke. “Each and every member brings invaluable, leading-edge perspective to anticipate the needs and values of Washington’s retail consumers.”
Directors also approved three new members to the board for three-year terms.
- Blake Garfield, Chief Operating Officer of Bedrooms & More
- Alesha Shemwell, Director of Retail for Kemper Development
- Karin Holt, Government Affairs for Best Buy