Retail consultant Bob Phibbs offers retailers anxious about reopening during the pandemic 30 strategies that can help them ease their nerves and gain confidence about recovery from sales lost during the virus.
Phibbs, the Retail Doctor, listed the techniques in a recent blog.
Here’s a sample of some of Phibbs’ suggestions:
- Find or inject humor whenever possible. Making someone laugh can help ease stress for both of you as long as it isn’t at someone else’s expense.
- Make a new to-do list at closing. By making it the last thing you do at work, it allows your mind to prepare for the next day. You are training your brain to look forward to possibility.
- Call your customers. A simple “How are you?” personal phone call connects you to making someone else’s day which lifts both of you up and deepens your bond. If you’re stressed, imagine how your customers feel. Reach out to them. This is a perfect time to express empathy and to foster those relationships.
- Do something challenging. Face your fears about doing live videos; get in front of your audience and Just. Do. It.
- Oh, and get enough sleep, adopt a healthy diet, and don’t drink too much booze or caffeine.