This past week our 20-member Board of Directors met virtually for an information-packed two days of strategic discussion and planning as we look forward to the 2021/2022 year. The Board is comprised of a strategic mix of influential leaders representing a range of retail sectors, demographics, and corporate leadership positions. Approximately half of our members represent companies headquartered in Washington, while the remaining represent multi-state retailers with locations in all corners of the state.
Joining our meeting as honored guests were former Tacoma Mayor and U.S. Representative Marilyn Strickland, State Representative Amy Walen, and Minority Floor leader Jacqueline Maycumber. Leadership discussed COVID recovery, outcomes of the 2021 Legislation, and top priorities heading into 2022.
A special thanks to the 2021 Board of Directors for your dedication in serving the Washington Retail Association:
- Sean Brownlee, Board Chair, Ravenox
- Theresa Treat, Vice-Chair & Chair of HR Committee, Ben Bridge Jeweler
- Rob Jensen, Treasurer, Lantern Press
- Lowell Gordon, Former Chair, The Creative Office
- Alesha Shemwell, Board Member, Kemper Development
- Amy Rhodes, Board Member, 7-Eleven Inc.
- Andy Ryder, Board Member, Shur-Kleen Car Wash
- Blake Garfield, Board Member, Bedrooms & More
- Charles Miller, Board Member, Macy’s
- Deborah Herron, Board Member, Walmart
- John Dillon, Board Member, Home Depot
- Karin Holt, Board Member, Best Buy
- Kent Wilson, Board Member, Target
- Kevin Johnston, Board Member, Capital Mall
- Krista Beck, Board Member, Piston Service of Wenatchee, Inc.
- Matt Gilmore, Board Member, Dunbar Jewelers
- Meredith Preloh, Board Member, Lowe’s
- Ruthann Goularte, Board Member, Drees
- Sally West, Board Member, Walgreens