Labor & Industries has scheduled six public hearings around the state in July and August to hear feedback about proposed new rules for determining overtime pay eligibility.
These proposals would devastate career training and advancement in retail and other industries by raising overtime eligibility by an alarming amount. Employers and employees alike are urged to share their thoughts on the need to preserve retail career advancement while better managing payroll costs. More details about the issue are here.
Washington Retail will testify at these hearings and urges your participation to preserve the right of employees to build their jobs into fulfilling retail careers.
Here is the public hearing schedule:
- July 15, Tumwater, L&I headquarters, rooms S117-119, 1-4 p.m.
- July 16, Seattle, The Swedish Club, Stockholm Hall, 9 a.m. to noon
- July 17, Bellingham, Four Points by Sheraton Bellingham Hotel & Conference Center, Whatcom Room, 9 a.m. to noon
- August 5, Ellensburg, Hal Holmes Community Center, Hal Holmes room, 9 a.m. to noon
- August 6, Kennewick, Springhill Suites by Marriott Kennewick Tri-Cities, Vista Hall, 9 a.m. to noon
- August 7, Spokane, CenterPlace Regional Event Center, Large Meeting Room, 9 a.m. to noon
The proposed new rules could begin taking effect in July 2020.