A new item has been added regarding COVID-19 notification, reporting, and prevention measures, requiring employers to create workplace-specific written Accident Prevention Programs (APP). Please review your current APP and ensure you include a section named Public Health Emergency and include the following steps:
If there is a Public Health Emergency (pandemic) announced by the health department, we will use the SAFEME COVID-19 course or the course relevant to the specific pandemic to train employees on pandemic procedures and processes. English Spanish
We will follow any additional instruction that comes from the following:
- Centers for Disease Control
- State/Local Health Departments
- Labor and Industries guidance
In addition to the steps above, your company should continue to:
- Assess COVID-19 Hazards and adjust prevention measures based on COVID-19 hazard changes in your community.
- Verify if vaccination status is required in healthcare and school settings.
- Evaluate social distancing needs for workers who work in close vicinity, especially for those who are unvaccinated or returning from quarantine.
- If you annually report OSHA 300/300A forms, continue to record COVID cases using these guidelines.
- Protect workers by regularly evaluating indoor air quality and ensure HVAC filters are replaced according to the manufacturer or government health agency’s recommendation.
- Follow reasonable accommodation and discrimination policies required under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Should the Department of Health or Labor & Industries provide updated guidance, WR will continue to regularly update its members.
Rick Means, Director of Safety and Education, is available to help members with safety. Contact Rick at 360-943-9198, Ext. 118 or [email protected].