It’s now just a couple of weeks before the holiday. It’s all hands on deck for traditional stores to be pro-active in using their sales and marketing strategies.
Here’s some of what retail consultant Bob Phibbs, the Retail Doctor, recommends to managers and staff in the closing weeks of the holiday shopping season:
- Use email and social media to remind shoppers that the items they want are available to pick up today. There’s no waiting for a shipment to arrive.
- Be active and frequent on social media. Out of sight, out of mind.
- Use pictures over words in social media marketing. Showing what you want to sell is simpler than trying to explain it with words.
- Hold drawings or giveaways to get shoppers off their couches and into your store. Invite shoppers to fill out a chance to win a drawing for a gift or give them out to shoppers who bring in a marketing email from your store.
- Be positive. Don’t complain about store closings or regulations. Your customers don’t want to hear it. They want to learn what you have to sell. If possible, after they’ve purchased a gift for someone else, show them items that they might want to buy for themselves.