Surveys show that shoppers are increasingly interested in learning whether their social values match well with the companies where they shop.
Often, company responsibility reports reveal actions that customers don’t know. Home Depot is a recent example. Its 2020 Responsibility Report includes updates on activities and progress on its initiatives in sustainability and corporate responsibility.
Here are a few highlights from the report. You can find more on Home Depot’s Twitter page:
- The Home Depot contributed more than $50 million in COVID-19 community support, and 95% of its stores donated essential COVID-19 supplies in their local communities
- Last year, more than 33% of new hires were female and more than 50% were ethnically diverse. In 2020, in support of its commitment to racial equality and social justice, the company established an executive-led task force to further expand its ongoing work to strengthen African American and other minority communities, combat discrimination and deepen its diversity
- The Home Depot is committed to produce and procure energy from 335 megawatts of renewable and alternative energy projects by 2025
- We pledge to eliminate expanded polystyrene (EPS) foam and polyvinyl chloride (PVC) film from private brand packaging by 2023
- In 2019, the company found a 10% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions