A series of new reports from Facebook outlines five key trends that have developed in digital marketing and shopping as a result of COVID-19.
The reports are based on a combination of internal data insights from Facebook, commissioned survey insights and third-party research, in total, incorporating responses from more than 34,000 consumers.
Facebook has identified five key trends of note:
- Safer Shopping – Relating to new shopping measures to limit the spread of COVID-19, and the shift to eCommerce
- Mindful Wellness – More people are turning to calming recreational activities to counter the stress of the situation
- Glocal Community – From both a global and local perspective, the pandemic has brought communities closer, leading to an increase in support for local businesses
- Gen Z’s Regeneration – The pandemic has solidified Gen Z’s support of causes. This pertains to people from their early 20’s to late 30’s.
- Connected Convenience – More people are relying on messaging to stay in touch, including with brands. The popularity of Zoom and similar services has made remote work more possible while survey results show customers are more likely to buy from a company they can contact online.
You can read Facebook’s full report here.